From:
Takiyah Turner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Mar 2000 14:53:41 -0500

Afternoon!  I sent a message a while back with a couple of questions. One
was concerning if I should get a second opinion from a GI on CD.  Well, in
short, I've scheduled a biopsy for this month, so we shall see.  I'll post
the results as soon as I get them.

In the meantime after reading some of the posts on the list, I've come up
with several more questions.  I really appreciate the help, many have
given. Here goes:

1. What are substitutes for xantham gum?  It seems quite expensive. Or is
there a website/mailorder where I can order it inexpensively?

2. Are there any GF cooking shows, culinary schools, or cooking classes?

3. Are all of Hain's mayonnaises not GF? Also, is Nayonnaise GF?  I can't
seem to get a hold of anyone on their 800 n
umber line.

4. Do all alcohols contain wheat, i.e. daiquaris , mouthwash, astringent,
etc.?

5. Is soy silk chocolate milk GF?  I used to drink Enriched Plain Rice
Dream. Are there any close or good tasting alternatives for GF rice milk?
I generally use soy for cooking.  Of the ones I've tried for drinking, they
don't taste as good as rice milk.

6. Bette Hagman's last book calls for powdered milk for the GF flour mix.
Since I'm lactose intolerant, what/where can I find powdered milk that is
GF?

7. I can't seem to find regular size GF loaves of bread here in Tulsa, OK.
Are there bread machines that make regular size loaves like the non-GF ones
in the grocery stores?

Thanks everyone!

I'll summarize