From:
jlpresto <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Jan 2000 09:58:32 +0900
Not to offend others by talking again more about cats than sexual habits of
list members, but...

Price/Pottenger studies:  in the 1930's Francis M. Pottenger, Jr., MD, began
a ten-year expirement  in which he fed a diet of 2/3 raw meat and 1/3raw
milk & cod liver oil mix to a group of cats.  It took those cats 4
generations to become significantly (statistically) healthier than the
control group--which was fed a the same, only cooked dinner (not "processed"
with the many fillers and stuff in pet foods today).

One thing I remember tho was him saying that something like 1 year of a
human diet given to a cat would reduce their health so bad it would take a
minimum of 3 years, if even possible, to reverse.  He looked at bones and
teeth and bowels and mating and temper and all kinds of other stuff.  I dont
know how many subjects he had, but seeing as they were unfixed, I would
imagine quite a few.  Of course the experiment was done for applications to
human  medicine, but its heavily touted by holistic vets these days.

As I have said before, my cats preceded me on the paleo diet. Minus milk for
either of us, and I dont eat ground chicken bones except on a full moon.

So I have lots of cat books if someone wants more of the generation by
generation run down.

Judith