From:
Trish Tipton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jan 2000 00:51:01 -0800
Men may want to delete if not interested in a woman's monthly

ok, this is my 3rd month on paleo. This is also my 3rd period on paleo.
My cycle usually runs 3-4 days of a moderate flow.  The last 2 have been
heavy and getting heavier.  Plus more painful and much more clotting than
usual.   Would paleo eating, or in any case, diet in general effect a
menstrual cycle and the production of?  When i was in Greece as a foreign
exchange student, 20+ years ago, my periods were sporadic.  I was told it
was due to a change in diet.  Whether it is true,  i do not know.
Another question for anyone who would care to answer or comment,  a
nutritionist client of mine, of which he is not fond of paleo eating,
claimed periods are not suppose to be painful in the first place.  He
claims if a woman is healthy and at an appropriate weight, periods may
come and go with just the expelling of the lining as a result.  No pain,
no pms, nothing else.  I do feel he was trying to find something to
pinpoint at how bad this diet is.  From the time i have started my
periods are age 13 up to now, my periods have always had some form of
pain.  From extreme mild to severe.  Whether I wore a size 6 or a size
16.  Other than my living in Greece and eating paleo have my periods had
a significant change.  *excluding pregnancy/childbirth & lactating.
I have lived in other countries and parts of the US with out  changes in
periods.  Any comments on this?

Trish
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.