C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Carla MacInnis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Apr 2000 22:50:11 -0700
Here, here, Mag!

  Acceptance of one's self is critical. To always expect that others will not
accept cycles a self-fulfilling prophecy. If we expect nothing, we get nothing.
We must strive to be the best we can be, in spite of "dis"a bility, not
necessarily because of it. Dwellling on the "what if"s" of wishing and hoping we
were "different" serves no useful purpose. It's a waste of time and energy that
can be better spent developing those gifts/skills/talents we do have. We are
"different" by society's standards, but how we use that to create a niche for
ourselves is entirely up to us.

Cheers!

Carla
(who got a bread maker and is going nutz, but will never get fat. So there,
too!) Now, if I can get Mr. Jake to understand that he's not to bark at the
beep-beep (add fruit cycle), I'll be all set.
http://www.brunnet.net/terrier