C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Mon, 3 Apr 2000 07:30:30 -0400
i am back in the office. a friend had sent these and i thought them good.
hope you enjoy them

warning some of these take on a religious tone, but, again i do too
sometimes.

 1.. To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be
 the world.

 2.. Going to church does not make you a Christian any more than going to
 McDonald's makes you a hamburger.

 3.. When you feel you've made a fool of yourself, real friends don't
 feel you've done a permanent job.

 4.. A coincidence is when God performs a miracle, and decides to remain
 anonymous.

 5.. Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same
 side.

6.. I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

7.. Lead your life so you won't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to
the town gossip.

8.. People gather bundles of sticks to build bridges they never cross.

9.. Life is 10% of what happens to you, and 90% of how you respond to
 it.

10.. Did it ever occur to you that nothing occurs to God?

11.. Life is like an onion. You peel off one layer at a time. Sometimes
you weep.

12.. Learn from the mistakes of others. You can't live long enough to
make them all yourself.

13.. There are two things I've learned:
       1) There is a God.
       2)  I'm not Him.

14.. Following the path of least resistance is what makes rivers and men
crooked.

15.. Your worst days are never so bad that you are beyond the reach of
 God's grace.

16.. And your best days are never so good that you are beyond the need
of God's grace.

17.. A miracle of God's is when you recognize that things didn't turn
out as you planned, but they ended up better than you could have possibly
 imagined.

18.. Sometimes God calms the storm and sometimes he lets the storm rage
and calms the child.

19.. If every word you uttered was to God, would you speak the way you
 normally do?

20.. Whenever you find yourself losing patience with an elderly person
in a  public situation, imagine that was your own parent and you were but a
small child.

21.. When you feel exasperation with anyone, for any reason, ask
yourself if God ever feels that way about you.

 22.. In order to have an idea of the wonder of what God felt when he
 made the world; watch a child discover their fingers and toes or
 butterflies for the very first time.

 23.. When we lose a sense of true peace, gaze into the face of a
sleeping child.

 24.. The secret to a successful marriage is not eternally gazing into
each other's eyes, but to stand together gazing into the same direction
eternally.

 25.. If God made all of us in his image, why do we spend so much time
adding labels God doesn't care about?

 26.. When it comes time to die...make sure all you have left to do is die.