C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Charlene Everett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Charlene Everett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Mar 2000 23:19:42 -0500
Hello Joy!

My apologizes on your bad experience. I think you should speak in terms
businesses understand MONEY! Find the address of someone  higher than the
store manager such as a district manager or someone in the corporation and
write them a letter  telling your story and let them know that given the
events you will no longer feel comfortable shopping at their stores.

I had a nasty experience with a local restaurant. I am the secretary of a
social group for people with disabilities. Part of my duties is to set up
places to have our events. I set up places for all events in March because
the year's entire schedule is made by then.  Around the Christmas holiday
last year we had a dinner scheduled. I find out a day before the event that
we were no longer on the reservation book eventhough we had been just a
month earlier.We got bumped for a larger and more affluent group. Needless
to say I was hot! The manager and I had a nice chat and he came to
understand that as long as I was scheduling things we will not be returning
to their restaurant.

Every chance I get I try to talk people out of going there to eat too. Each
time I am successful I smile like the cat that ate the canary too *laugh*
I know I sound nasty *smile* but I do not care.

Take care

Charlene