C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Deri James <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Feb 2000 21:54:06 +0000
                  Elaine Taylor <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Mag, I have ridden on the NYC subways, for over 10 years (I
> worked in the City), but, no one has answered one simple
> question, would you support Rocker if he trashed PWD's?  My
> point is, it's the same thing.  Trashing is trashing is
> trashing!  It doesn't matter if it's against women with 10
> kids, blacks, pwd's, people with purple hair, or Martians!
>
> You cannot apply the First Amendment only when it fits your
> agenda.  I remember a few weeks back people on this list were
> in an uproar over something which was written on a California
> bulletin board about pwd's.  What is the difference?
>
> Ken, yes, I agree with you that parents SHOULD be a child's
> role model, however the unfortunate truth is that most parents
> aren't, if they were, Michael Jordan and others wouldn't be
> pulling in the kind $ they do.  I feel that teachers should be
> making the huge bucks, and that they should be revered,
> however, it's not that way and until our society stops focusing
> on sports stars and events, the Rocker's of this world should
> learn that their bias views should be kept to themselves.

I agree entirely Elaine, you may have heard that last year the
English National Soccer Coach was sacked (Glenn Hoddle) for
repeating the fairly common Roman Catholic belief that disability
was a punishment on the parents for some vague sin!!

I do wonder if the sacking would have been so swift if there
hadn't been a spate of below par performances!!!

--
Deri James