C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Betty Alfred <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Feb 2000 02:47:29 EST
In a message dated 02/18/2000 2:19:00 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< The article claims that many
 modifier shops are unaware of the safety rules or confused by them or realize
 they are disabling safety features.  >>

Coming from an occupational safety and health background, this doesn't
surprise me.  Parts of the Code of Federal Regulations comprise the bible of
safety professionals, and is so confusing in places that even we have trouble
figuring out the correct interpretation.  I suspect that NHTSC documents are
equally confusing.

I don't believe they don't know that disabling an air bag is illegal without
NHTSC authorization though.  My Mom and Trisha both have given me an
education about that.

I haven't read the Time article about the Reevenator, but I'll dash out to
the drugstore first thing in the morning to get it if I still can.  It's
probably off the shelves now though. If I can't get it, can I prevail upon
some kind soul to send their old copy to me?

Thanks - Betty