C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Betty Alfred <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Feb 2000 17:49:09 EST
In a message dated 02/16/2000 8:19:24 AM Eastern Standard Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

<< hey kyle, have you ever just really worked your way into a real snit. sotta
 start being mildly indignant at something and the more you think about it,
 the more "how dare they do ..." until you were really into one heck of a
 indignation? i occassionaly do, but, fortunately i don't allow myself that
 pleasure often.

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only person this happens to.  I try to be
mature about this, but it just happens to often.  The last time I lost it was
when a nondisabled woman cut me off to take the only H/C parking space.  I
took another place but I have such a fear about running around parking lots
in my wheelchair and not being seen by drivers that I had a good adrenaline
rush and full head of steam by the time I caught up with her.  I really
chewed her out too.  I'm sure she won't forget it, but I wish I'd taken a few
breaths before I launched my missiles.

"