C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Trisha Cummings <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Feb 2000 08:31:16 -0500
Hi Beth,

        I hear you - every country on Earth that we are on speaking terms
with - has an embassy here and has imported a large number of their country
men - driving here is a kin to being in a demolition derby. Saturday night
we had fancy dress dinner for Amber GodMother's 50th birthday - the drivers
where so bad - even Amber had to comment on it. We both where very calm in
our panic when when an 18 wheeler in the right lane and a van in the left
lane both decided they wanted part the middle lane where we were
similanteously - I suddenly felt very much like the filling in an Oreo. I
think all I got out was SH*T in a quiet conversational tone. I am so glad
Escorts are little - if I had been driving the Caddy -I would have huge
scrapes down both side to enhance the red pinstripes already there. LOL

                                    Brightest Blessings
            Trisha - whose Guardian Driving Angel is a few feather poorer

> We got ya beat Trisha.  Central Florida is the tourist capital of the
world
> so, not only do we have folks from 50 states but an entire United Nations
of
> folks.  The speed limit is arbitrary down here meaning you have people
going
> anywhere from 15 miles under the speed limit to well over 90+ miles an
hour.
> All looking for Mickey.
>
> Beth the OT
> HA
>
>           You guys should drive in DC  - There are 49 other states out
there
> training drivers to be kamikazi tourists here!!
>
>                                Gigggles and Grins
>                                     Trisha
>

> ><< People here are much more reserved than I'm used to, and
> > they drive like maniacs! (Who doesn't, these days though). >>
    Barb