C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bobby Greer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Feb 2000 16:08:21 EST
Trisha,

    Bully for you!! What you said about the social aspects of the list goes
to the "soul" of this list. If all heard from this list were problems related
to CP, I would have been gone a long time ago. I have never met you or Kyle
or Ken or Steve orr anyone else on this list in an f2f venue. But, I am
closer to people on this list than I am to most people in my real life! CP is
our common bound or how we came to the list, but it is not why I stayed. A
family therap[ist I know says that the word "intimacy" really means "into me
see". And that is what this list does for moi! I share things about myself
with others on this list because i love and trust you. I could not be
"intimate" in this way if the topics had to be cp-related. I lurk on a list
of psychiatrists which is strickly related to psychotrophic medication. There
are no tangential discussions such as the monster which drew out over last
Thursday and Friday. If they even strayed to discussing psychotherapy, they
are yanked back because psychotherapy per se does not involve drugs. I am
glad we are allowed more
freedom to get to know people on this list.
    For my part, Trish, I think you, Betty and Deri do a wonderful, thankless
job.

Bobby