C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"I. S. Margolis" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Feb 2000 13:43:23 -0500
Now Deri, don't worry.

Bad things never happen to good lists.

S.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jichun Li [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, February 03, 2000 12:35 PM
To: Yannis ALIFERIS
Cc: G Olivares; [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Topology and Differential Geometry 2000

Please remove me too! Who put me on this list???

Jichun LI

On Thu, 3 Feb 2000, Yannis ALIFERIS wrote:

>   Dear Sir,
>
>   although Crete is a very nice place to visit,
> and your Conference might be very useful to
> attend, too, the means you have chosen to promote
> it are not acceptable at all.
>
>   In other words, this mass e-mailing of users
> unaware of your intentions (I do not remember to
> have ever asked information about World SES
> conferences, and I have already received three of
> them, plus a "TEST" message...) is called SPAMMING
> and is quite annoying.
>
>   Whatsmore, it surprises me that a scientific
> event is promoted using ways that are unanimously
> condemned by the Internet community. It would be
> interesting to know what the opinion of your
> sponsors (for example European Union's) on this
> subject is.
>
>   Please, let me know how you obtained my e-mail
> address and remove me from your list.
>
>   Sincerely yours,
>
>   Yannis ALIFERIS.
>

> On Wed, 2 Feb 2000, G Olivares wrote:

> >(Institution for Mathematics, Computers and Simulation),
> >IIARD (International Institution for Advanced Research and
> >Development) and many other societies (a complete list will be
> >available at a later time)
> >****************************************
> >LOCATION: Heraklion, Crete
> >DATE: December 1-3, 2000
> >****************************************
> >
> >DEADLINE FOR PAPER SUBMISSION: APRIL 15, 2000.
> >NOTIFICATION OF ACCEPTANCE: MAY 15, 2000.
> >http://www.worldses.org/wses/tdg
> >****************************************
> >The Conference accepts contributions on all the modern and classic
topics of Topology and
> >Differential Geometry as well as their applications.
> >
> >The following list includes indicational topics of the 2000 World
Conference in Topolgy and Differential Geometry.

> >     Algebraic Topology
> >     Banach Algebra
> >     Operators
> >     Combinatorial Topology
> >     Manifolds
> >     Differential Topology
> >     Homotopy
> >     Geometric Topology
> >     Universal Algebra
> >     Topological Graph Theory
> >     Fractals, Non-linear Dynamics, Chaos from Topological point of
view
> >     Fractal Geometry
> >     Rham Cohomology
> >     Knot Theory
> >     Krein Spaces and Derivations of C-Algebras
> >     Topology of Fibre Bundles
> >     Advanced Topics in Differential Geometry
> >     Holonomy
> >     Affine Differential Geometry
> >     Lie Theory
> >     Conformal Differential Geometry
> >     Symplectic Geometry
> >     Submanifolds of Kaehlerian and Sasakian Manifolds
> >     Differential Geometric Control Theory
> >     Differential Geometry and Relativity Theory
> >     Dynamical Systems on Surfaces
> >     Frobenius Manifolds, Cohomology, and Moduli Spaces
> >     Gauge Field Theory, Complex Geometry
> >     Geometry in Partial Differential Equations
> >     Geometry of Random Motion
> >     Lorenzian Geometry
> >     Applications
> >
> >****************************************
> >ALL THE ACCEPTED PAPERS will be published twice (two different
publications)
> >1)in the CD-ROM Proceedings (with Search Facilities and Page
Numbering)
> >as well as
> >2)in the International Reference Book Series of WSES PRESS as
Post-Conference
> >Books (Hard cover, velvet paper, international circulation).
> >These will be different International Editions (with different ISBN).
> >
> >Publish your paper twice 1) in the Proceedings and 2) in WSES-Press
> >International Luxurious Editions
> >
> >Also SPECIAL ISSUES in some journals have been scheduled.
> >
> >****************************************************
> >SCIENTIFIC COMMITTEES: See at the Web site
> >http://www.worldses.org/wses/tdg
> >****************************************************
> >TDG 2000 conference is organized by WSES European Office with the
participation of
> >many sponsoring and co-sponsoring societies.
> >****************************************************
> >Would you like to join the International Scientific Committee for TDG
2000?
> >                    OR
> >
> >Would your institution, company or organization like to participate
in TDG 2000?
> >Send your request (with your CV) by email  to [log in to unmask]  and
we will reply promptly with further instructions.

> >****************************************************
> >LOCATION: Heraklion, CRETE
> >
> >The capital of Crete is Heraklion. It is a historical town with
International Airport that has
> >direct connection with all European Countries, Countries of North
America and many other
> >neighbor countries of Africa and Middle East. Crete is on the
crossroad of 3 continents:
> >Europe, Asia, Africa. The geographical position of Crete placed an
important role in her
> >history through the ages. The minoan civilization (Knossos, Faistos,
Gortys) was the first
> >west civilization in the world 5000 years ago.
> >
> >Crete knew many occupations and invasions. However, the Byzantine
General, Nikiforos
> >Fokas for the Byzantine Emperor, Ioannis Tsimiskis liberated Crete
from Arabs in 10th
> >century. Byzantine Empire was the Greek Empire of the Medieval Times.
> >
> >Later, Crete became a part of Venic State and later a part of Ottoman
Empire. However,
> >the population and the soul of the island remained always Greek. In
the beginning of the 20th
> >century, Crete was joint the mother-Greece after 20 bloody
revolutions during the Ottoman
> >(Turkish) Empire. Arkadi, Sfakia, Milatos, Lithines, Oropedio
Lasithiou are trully
> >monuments of the Cretan revolutions. In May of 1941, during the
second world war, the
> >Glory laureled Crete again. "The battle of Crete" was really a
surprise to the west allies. The
> >resistance of the inhabitants against the steel-clad troops of
Germany hindered the german
> >attack to the Soviet Union and gave time to the Soviet Union to
prepare its defence.
> >Maleme, Candanos, Sfakia, Toplou, Viannos were the new monuments of
this
> >David-Goliath battle and monuments of Freedom and Human Decency.
> >Imporant personalities from Crete which became world famous were: the
Greek
> >Prime-Minister Eleftherios Venizelos (1864-1936) who is considered
the father and
> >founder of Modern Greece, the famous litterateur Nikos Kazantzakis
and the famous poet
> >Vitsentzos Kornaros.
> >
> >Crete is also a unique place in the world due to its natural beauty.
An island with great
> >variety in pictures and events. Small villages with intense local
colour, a particular, unique,
> >Music which continues the byzantine tradition (the cretan musical
instruments "lyra" and
> >"laouto" are unique in the world) and the large metropolis Heraklion
compose the image of
> >modern Crete. In Crete, there exists the unique, in Europe,
palm-forest Vai, the impressive