C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Wed, 2 Feb 2000 06:45:49 -0500
my point is that though there are many good art programs that get grants,
there are also many that get grants for stuff that many find offensive, i'll
give an example of a crucifix submerged in urine called "piss christ". now
even if i were not a christian, i'd fine that offensive and hardly consider
it art. there are many other ones besides this, but, the nea has made some
congressional enemies by  funding
such trash. that is why i said they brought some of it on themselves. it is
a sham that good art programs gets cought up in the fight.