C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 2000 14:35:50 EST
This is Paul from sunny but cold South Carolina!  I am taking this
opportunity of having a new e-mail address to introduce myself again.  A new
e-mail address and a new intro for the new year.  But since my new name is I
Need a Sweetie I hope I will have to change that before the year is out!
Grin.

Because there are so many other Pauls on the lists I will call myself Paolo
or Paul V.  Some screen readers have trouble saying Paolo.  It is pronounced
Pow Low.  But no hitting below the belt!

I'm a single, white Italian, over 30 years old, 5 foot 6 inches tall, with
brown hair and brown eyes, chubby, living in Columbia South Carolina. I'm a
bachelor looking for a nice young lady.   I've been in and out of casual
relationships but lately have been feeling that I need to be more intentional
about settling down.  That's where the blatant name comes from!  I'm actively
looking, but not desperate.

I am disabled.  My mother had German Measles while pregnant with me so I had
birth defects, and the doctors gave my parents gloomy predictions about my
survival, but there are no serious effects.  I have trouble with my both my
eyes (macular degeneration) but I can still see well enough to drive.
Doctors aren't sure how long that will last.  I may become partially or
totally blind some day.  Or I may never get much worse than I am now.

I have a slight speech defect that makes me sound like I have a cold even
when I don't.  But I teach and speak in public regularly as part of my job
with no ill effects.  I have spina bifida but it is just a bump above my butt
that makes me wear my pants a bit higher than usual and makes me look
chubbier than I actually am.  That's the sum total of my "disabilities."
I've always been active in rights of the disabled and my friends often forget
that I am disabled myself and ask me why I'm involved.  Sigh.  So I know what
it's like to be considered one of the "invisible disability" set.

I'm looking for a single, never-married, disabled woman under 40 who is an
old-fashioned, traditional woman with a strong religious faith, either Roman
Catholic, Protestant or Jewish and who wouldn't mind being a stay-at-home
house wife.  Someone feminine, under 5 foot 6 inches tall, who enjoys being
romanced and the simple pleasures of life.  She must be willing to visit or
relocate to South Carolina.  (And possibly move again with my job some day.)

My hobbies are:  Religious issues, people, spending time talking with
friends, computers, reading, writing, drawing and painting.  I'm a "single
father" to a 4-year-old beagle named Mischief.  She earns her name every day!
 I enjoy drawing portraits of friends and family, so if you have a photo or a
web page with a photo, I'd love to see it.

Life is a roller coaster!  Let's spend the rest of the ride together!

Paolo alias Paul V