PSYCHOAN Archives

Psychoanalysis

PSYCHOAN@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
William Theaux <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Psychoanalysis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 May 1998 09:36:21 -0400
Hi Tsuyoshi
I read the 'self-analysis thread'

I find clear statements as:

///  not observing the defenses is part of the defensive operation.

/// powerful element in analysis is the transference

/// self-analysis runs the risk of becoming intellectualized

/// it looks like if one would try to see one's eye without any mirror

and interesting notions as 'meditative approach'

-----------------

   The overall problem with 'soul analysis' (as Freud first named it) is
that it is difficult to know if the analysis and/or the interpretation
are
accurate or a fantasy (is such and such analysis 'real, or a
'fiction'?).

   Practically, in my opinion there is a way to define (Freudian)
Psychoanalysis by exclusion: Psychoanalysis is based on renouncing
hypnosis
and self-analysis. If you abandon these two activities, 'mutual
storytelling' is what remains (even when someone decide to 'tell' less
that
the other).

   The problem is that mutual story telling automatically evolves
towards
Transference - which is a 'powerful element' - e.g. a neurosis and a
mutual
resistance!

   There is a way to escape this dead-end where Psychoanalysis may have
stagnated during a century. One can establish a third reference with the
Collective (beside oneself. and one 'another', Lacan began to theorize a
third component as the 'O'ther).
   Yet Lacan felt back in self-analysing there (he claimed that anyone
would
declare being analyzing only from one's own point of view).
   Fortunately, the result of an 'association of the patients' maintain
the
'third' effect - it shows a solution for Psychoanalysis. (the
association of
the patient makes the instance which decides if there is analysis or
not) A
'Moral Entity' is thus created, which supervises the natural
self-analysis
of the human reasoning. Psychoanalysis is thus enabled.

Dr. William THEAUX, NY, 1998/05/27 08:53:52
http://www.akhnaton.com
http://www.dnafoundation.com