PSYCHOAN Archives

Psychoanalysis

PSYCHOAN@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
William Theaux <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Psychoanalysis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 May 1998 09:31:53 -0400
Hello,
   I know that my answer will not be in the mainstream of this list -
but an important moment in the history of Psychoanalysis has been the
Lacanian attempt to address the question of the guaranty of the
Psychoanalyst.
   Lacan was banished from the official psychoanalysis of the human
people and the guarantied Institutions have forbid their members to
mention his name in their text or their bibliographies. Lacan thought at
first that nothing should address the professionalism issue - then he
invented a selection method and after a while declared that it was a
failure.

   I am myself not banished for I am even not considered. I have
answered to question of guaranty of Psychoanalysis in a way which
addresses transference and professionalism. I suggested my patients to
rely on Collective Psychology for their judgment - so they associated
and thought together what they thought about the Psychoanalyst

Dr William THEAUX, NY, Tuesday, May 26, 1998, 98/05/268:18
http://www.akhnaton.com