From:
"Walter R. Worth" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Feb 2000 20:21:47 -0800
On Friday, February 11, 2000 4:29 PM, "Chuck Hassenplug"
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

<snip> I suspect it might be the motherboard. How do I test this
> hypothesis, and rule out the case/switch and power supply? Will I need to
> have memory in the board, along with the cpu? Any suggestions would be
much
> appreciated.

General  "troubleshooting" tech:

Try removing all other parts and the cable. You only want to connect the
power to the board,  and then plug in the memory modules, CPU and speaker.
When you power it up, you should get a beep. If it does, add one component
at a time, and power it up after adding another part. This may seem like its
a waste of time, but when things go wrong, it will save you time!!! HTH. :-)

Walter R. Worth

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html