From:
Hans Kylberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Jan 2000 19:13:41 +0100
At 09:35 2000-01-08 -0500, you wrote:
>Clementines were on sales at the grocery store last week
>
>Just wondering if they are a natural food found growing somewhere in nature,

I think all citrus fruits inherit from some little sour east/south asian
fruit. As about all veggies we can get today they are a result of selection,
the traditioinal "gene manipulation" techique. They are as "paleo" as
oranges. Maybe they are new in the U.S., here in Europe they have been
around for decades. Similar, but newer are Satsumas. Tangerines are seldom
sold, at least here in Sweden.

- Hans