From:
Kendra and Karen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Jan 2000 12:36:30 -0600
A few questions, if anyone knows ...

Ketones are expelled through urine, sweat and breath, but can they be
expressed in a nursing mother's breast milk?  If so, could this be
harmful for nursing baby?  My son nurses mostly in morning, at night and
once or twice during day.  He eats meals with me, so he is getting
nutrition from regular food and breast milk.  Any thoughts or knowledge
would be helpful.  I do not want to do anything that could jeopardize my
child's health.

Next question.  I usually eat a lot of protein and vegetables,
throughout a day with maybe one piece of fruit and honey in my herbal
tea.  I stopped eating fruit and honey and replaced vegetables with
salads.  I am experiencing a headache like that of a hangover.  I feel
tired and my heart beats very hard some times.  I increased my water
consumption and am trying to increase good fats, like olive oil,
avocados and that on meats.  Are the headaches due to the lack of
something?  I attempted to restrict carbs and get into Ketosis once
before and had he same problem.  I added carbs back and ate normally for
awhile and the headache stopped immediately.  I have been eating high
protein and fats since January 1st.  I have lost approximately 4 lbs.
(I am 5'5" and weighed somewhere around 123 lbs and am now showing 119
lbs.  I would like to get to 115 lbs, a very nice weight for my
structure).  I also wanted to improve energy levels and see how I felt
restricting sugars and carbs.  So far, I do not feel very good.

Has anyone else experienced headaches while in ketosis or attempting to
get into ketosis?  Is there a remedy, will time fix it as I adjust,
should I add more fats, waters, carbohydrates?

Thanks in advance,

Kendra
NeanderTwin