From:
Lynnet Bannion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Jan 2000 18:54:24 -0700
BTW ghee is marvelous stuff and keeps on the counter for
months.  (though it's not paleo)  Melt unsalted butter and simmer
very slowly until the bubbles stop coming up, then strain and store.

I render lard slowly from pork fat scraps, making sure it does not get
too hot, and it turns out white and very mild tasting.  I keep a jar by
the
stove for cooking.  I also use it in pemmican and have not had trouble
with it going rancid.

Lynnet