From:
Susan Carmack <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 May 2000 11:31:19 -0700
Hi Irene,

>I love olive pesto -- I used to make it all the time and serve it on toast
>or pasta. The question is, how do you serve it paleo?

I find that it goes well with any white fish, tuna from a can, chicken. I
think it would go with any meat. Of course I just eat it out of the jar!

>One of the downsides of this diet is that you don't have 'stuff to put
>things on.' Things like bread for meats, fish etc, and corn chips for
>guacamole.

I use any kind of vegetables too for guacamole but mainly I use a spoon.
I am trying to perfect a paleocracker with almond or some kind of nut flour
but so far - crumbs.
Maybe we can dry vegetables sliced thinly and use them for crackers. I saw
the owner of the raw restaurant in San Francisco, Organica/Organika? on
foodtv. He was doing a lot with raw vegetables and dips.
There are some expensive chips called Terrachips? available at healthfood
stores that could be considered sortapaleo.
Hope this helps!

Paleobest,
Susan