From:
Hans Kylberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 May 2000 19:17:04 +0200
At 16:23 2000-05-10 CDT, Justin wrote:

>Are high sodium diets considered to be unhealthy?

The Yanomamo in Amazonas do not add any salt at all. And I guess most
of our ancestors did not have any concentrated salt resources just as
the Yanomamo. Even the people on the Kitava island who have unlimited
sources of salt add very little in their food.
A paleodiet should therefore be very low in salt.

>Is mustard paleo?

Do you mean the seeds? Probably! There is at least one wild mustard, a
common weed (close relative to rapes). Go try and se how many seeds
you can get before you get bored or too hot in the mouth. And think of
how many occasions per year it is available... So, a little mustard a
few times in the summer would be "paleo".

- Hans