From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 May 2000 05:22:38 -0400
On Tue, 9 May 2000 11:49:37 MDT, Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>>Beth,
>>
>>You might be interested in this website http://www.jesusveg.com.  The
>>opening page is hilarious....
>
>.. I just LOVE getting into religious arguments.  ..

Not very paleo- or nutrition- or vegetarian- related
but here we go, Dori :-)
Have you seen  http://www.inetex.com/joanne/esseneteachings.htm   ?
This are excerpts of a book from a  Prof. Szekely who claims to have found
lost real evangelics in the Vatican's secret archives, stemming from
some Essene scrolls.

At least here you can find some IMO paleo-ish and at least nice
nutrition guidelines:
1.not to mix food items too much
  "Be content with two or three sorts of food,
  which you will find always upon the table of our Earthly Mother.  And
  desire not to devour all thing which you see around you.  For I tell
  you truly, if you mix together all sorts of food in your body, then the
  peace of your body will cease, and endless war will rage in you."
2.eat only raw, uncoocked (even wheat bread sprouted but coocked))
 "Eat nothing, therefore, which a stronger fire than the fire of life
  has killed. ..
  Cook not, neigher mis all things one with another, lest
  your bowels become as steaming bogs."
3.Eat seasonally (very different each month)
  From Tammuz, eat the sour grape, ...  In the month of Elul, gather the
grape that the juice may serve you as drink.  In the month of
  Marchesvan, gather the sweet grape, dried and sweetened by the angel of
sun,..."

>So, Eden was a vegetarian paradise, eh?  Well, if the only humans around
>were Adam & Eve followed by their divine offspring, then I guess incest is
>best, as the old saying goes.  If you're really into taking things
>literally, don't forget about Jesus turning water into wine at the wedding.
>Well, dang, that means Jesus was a DRUNK!  Solomon had enough wives &
>concubines to wear out Bill Clinton; ...

I don't understand what beeing vegetarian (avoiding meat in nutrition)
should have to do with any sexual practices or drincing alcohol.
More than one wife (sometimes husbands) is quite usual in many societies.
Primates like Gorillas and chimps live so, possibly early humans did.
Jewish did not so, but y not christian (remember mormon),y not in paradise?
What speaks against drinking wine ? You needn't get drunk from a little.
(for veggies: it's made from gapes, not blood).
Btw. the contemporary roman legioners drank as much vinegar with water
as vine.

>.. But I know many a Mennonite
>pacifist who takes his rifle out on Bambi-blasting expidition every chance
>he can get...

Sounds  you don't consider this too pacifistic. Though it's only animals.
In this context a little contribution to the "value" of creatures
from essene teachings:
"I tell you truly, of
all creatures living upon the earth, God created only man after his image.
Wherefore, beasts are for man and not man for beasts. (pets?) You
do not, therefore, transgress the law if you kill the wild beast to save
your brother's life. For I tell you truly, man is more than the beast. But
he who kills the beast without a cause, though the beast attack him not,
through lust for slaughter, or for its flesh, or for its hide, or yet for
its tusks, evil is the deed which he does, for he is turned into a wild
beast himself. Wherefore is his end also as the end of the wild beasts."

>Dori Zook
>Denver, CO

Amadeus Schmidt
Munich, D