From:
Wally Day <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 May 2000 13:17:20 -0700
 Amadeus wrote:

> Then, if our goal is to stop all the suffering, even
> more the suffering
> of humans, the consequent developement of your very
> fine
> suggestion is: lets also kill all humans! They won't
> suffer again.
> Logical?

And Todd opined:

> What's good for the goose...  If this argument is
> sound, then it
> is also an argument for obligatory genocide, since
> we would do
> the same big favor for each *human* we kill.

Yes gentlemen, this line of reasoning does, (as we say
in the west), "open a new can of worms". In fact this,
and similar lines of reasoning, has resulted in
countless atrocities occuring during humankind's reign
as the "top dog" on this planet. However, I contend
that this argument is no less specious than the idea
that we can somehow prevent or alleviate animal
suffering simply by "not eating them".