From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 May 2000 04:55:29 -0400
On Mon, 8 May 2000 16:56:44 -0700, Wally Day <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I'm going to play a devil's advocate role here for a
>minute.

Oh I love this role of the advocatus diaboli, and I hope I'm serving
this purpose sometimes on the list.
Among devil's advocates:

>Death results in the total absence all pain and
>suffereing for any given greature. Therefore, I submit
>that we are doing the animals a big favor by stopping
>any potential pain and suffering and "converting" it
>into sustenance for ourselves.
>
>Ha!

Then, if our goal is to stop all the suffering, even more the suffering
of humans, the consequent developement of your very fine
suggestion is: lets also kill all humans! They won't suffer again.
Logical?

The very good favour we do,
may count as a very good action then and help our karma.

Amadeus advocatus :-)

(Buddhist literature yields tons of information how suffering on
earth - for every beeing - mainly for oneself can be reduced
-- this is the main topic even...)