From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Mar 2000 07:38:40 -0500
On Fri, 17 Mar 2000, Dori Zook wrote:

> For someone with insulin
> resistance, even low-carb/low-glycemic fruits are bad news.  Which is sad,
> because I love fruit.  I guess I just love it too much.

I suppose I could be the poster boy for insulin resistance, but
for some reason fruit just doesn't push my buttons.  My "trigger"
carbs have never been sweet.  I am satisfied with small amounts
of fruit.

> You're right about nuts, though; they're chock full of calories!  Just like
> fruit, I try to eat as few nuts as possible because of the high calories and
> the high price you pay to get them.

What all this shows very clearly is that for many of us, at
least, weight loss is not simply about removing neolithic or
industrial foods from the diet.  This is an important step, but
it is not the whole story.  If it were, it wouldn't matter about
fruit, nuts, carb levels, calories, and so on.

Todd Moody