From:
Micki Fraser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Mar 2000 07:53:35 MST
The proof of the pudding is in the eating. The only “2 cents” I can offer is
of course anecdotal from personal experience. But personal experience is the
bottom line, at least for me.Whatever arguments may arise, whether it’s
proselyting versus disemination, they are not IMHO that relevent to one’s
quality of life. But what I’m putting in my mouth is. I have not the slightest
inclination to revert to my former way of eating. Every day I serve my partner
ice cream, which he includes as part of his carbohydrate allotment in his zone
program. It doesn’t tempt me. Even when it’s Godiva or Haagen Dasz! I’m highly
motivated to continue getting well, feeling more energy and losing weight.
This is my personal experience, and my desire for my partner as well as
anybody else who would be open to it. I don’t care if it’s proselyting or
diseminating, but I do care if I’m being pushy or rude. Whether it’s the
“Gospel” or Science, people are more apt to be open if the “Word” is offered
graciously and without any sense of false superiority. It’s a big planet. My
own feeling is that every person matters and deserves a decent quality of life
and good health. But I won’t shove it down anyone’s throat. They’ll have to
experience a taste of the “Pudding”  for themselves.