From:
Christy ten Broeke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Jan 2000 16:51:21 +0100

> >What's going on in the genetic engineering of food wars? I believe the
> >European Communities still have a ban on any types of engineered foods.
>
> I read recently that  Europe might be on their way to let engineered foods
> be sold, and because i believe the reasons of their reticences to accept
> them have more to do with economico- political reasons than ,because peoples
> there ,are more health consious, once this obstacle will be contourned ( and
> america knows well how to do that) the market will be floaded with GEF ( if
> specificaly interested see the article at the end of my message)

No way, in fact a few of the bigger supermarket chains are taking those products
with GEF off the shelves!!

> We really
> need to ask louder  for better products and this will require some
> boycotting of what is presently offered by the commercial distribution
> system.

Yes, we should demand healthy food by our standards at an affordable price.

> Me too,  I shop by the store adds that come in the mail.  If chicken and
> pork are on sale,  then thats what we eat for the week.  Today i found a
> great deal,  5 dozen eggs for $4.   hhmmmm  better make a lot of deviled
> eggs huh?

Same here, whatever is for sale is what we eat.  Can't get more Paleo than
that.  Also eating what is in the season is the best thing.

Christy