From:
David Lewandowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jan 2000 23:23:38 -0800
At 08:11 AM 01/18/2000 +1100, you wrote:
>For example, the chiropractic treatment of middle ear infections would be
>regarded as, at best experimental and at worst a reach for professional
>fees.

        Chiropractic is not for the treatment of anything but instead it is for
the removal of interference to the nervous system to allow the body to heal
itself from any condition as long as the material matter of the body
remains intact. I guess you would like to have it scientifically proven
like allopathetic medicine which by your own researchers claim that less
than 15% have any validity to them? Talk about grabbing for fees.

> I would regard the manipulation

        Manipulation is what MD's do. Chiropractors use specific levers to apply a
force to the spine called an adjustment. Calling what a chiropractor does
manipulation is like calling a knife fight on the street surgery. It's not
specific.
        Did you go to chiropractic college to know of what you are speaking?

> of the neck for an ear infection as about as useful as seeing the
optometrist about my piles. It is well >known that 50% of glue ear will
clear up naturally over a 3 month period- and no
>doubt this natural healing is where some people get their successes.

        There are plenty of studies and loads of testimonials that say otherwise.
If the body is given a chance to express it's innate health potential it
can do miraculous things.

> I've avoided saying anything about it, but I'm sick of all the bull. As
they say,
>self-praise is no recommendation.

        I am tired of all the bull also. Did you know that the third leading cause
of death in this country is medical malpractice? If you are under 45 y.o.
being treated by a medical doctor poses the greatest risk to your life! You
probably know this as you keep up on all the latest scientific research and
all. Whatever happened to "first do no harm"? I will put chiropractic
numbers up against allopathic numbers any day of the week.
        A paleo diet has the same basic philosophy as chiropractic: health comes
from the inside out and not outside in.

>This list needs a routine disclaimer more than ever.

        Thanks for thinking for us big brother.

>Dr Ben Balzer, family physician.

        Your damn right I have a chip on my shoulder. It is the great big
allopathic medicine lie being told but thankfully the numbers are proving
that people are becoming more and more aware of this due to the wide range
of info exchanged on the Internet.
        When was the last time you heard someone say my MD gave me these great
drugs that healed me?

Dr. Dave, D.C.