NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Beth Kevles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Jul 2006 23:13:47 -0400
Dear Friends --

Thanks for your responses!  I think I'm going to talk with the camp
director about their allergy policy in general.  There seems to be a
consensus (from personal email, not just this listserv) that keeping an
allergy secret tends not to be a good idea.  I'm also going to ask the
director to ask the family directly about the Luna bar issue, since it
will depend upon the severity of the allergy.

Finally, I think I'll have my son try out some beef jerky style snacks
and see if he likes them.  If he does, that plus some fruit leather and
a drink will make a great snack.  He'll be disappointed not to get
chocolate, but just about every chocolate on the market has a nut
cross-contamination risk.  If the allergy is really that severe, then
chocolate is out.

Thanks again,
--Beth Kevles
  Eating without Casein website