NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 7 Mar 2000 12:40:56 -0800
Heidi asked for a non-dairy quiche recipe.  This is the one I use and it
turns out nicely.  Although the original recipe does not call for a crust,
it could be added easily.  The original recipe calls for greens and I use
spinach.  After trying this recipe I've come to the conclusion that
artichoke hearts, broccoli, or other vegetables would work just as well.

Greens Quiche

2 1/2 cups silken tofu
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1 small onion, coarsely chopped
pinch of turmeric, optional for color
2 Tablespoons prepared mustard (I left this out and it was still good)
1 cup vegetable broth (I used water and seasoned it with McKay's Chicken
Style seasoning)
1/2 teaspoon cumin
salt and pepper to taste
1 pound greens, rinsed, finely chopped, steamed and drained

Coat a 9 inch pie plate with vegetable cooking spray.  Set aside.  Pre-heat
oven to 450 degrees.  In food processor or blender, process all ingredients
except greens until smooth.  In large bowl, combine with greens.  Spoon into
greased pie plate.

Bake about 65 minutes in 450 degree oven, or until golden brown and knife
inserted in center comes out clean.

Source:  Soy of Cooking

Enjoy!
~LaDonna