BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
deb bledsoe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Please grant this sacred site.
Date:
Wed, 3 Jan 2001 23:12:18 -0500
Ralph Walter <[log in to unmask]> writes:

> deb (and ee, again...what is this no caps stuff?),
>
> would be happy to visitate upon you if you can drag yourself into minhattan
> with ken. the half jello box is the equivalent of a carnation in the
> lapel....a means of recognizing one's previously unmet friend.  maybe ken
> isn't the only maker-up-of -stories after all.  you may be right about the
> pirate.  too bad.  and here we thought he was a trustworthy, reliable person
> (for a pirate, anyway).
>
> ralph

hmmmm, the no caps stuff started in junior high school and got worse
with the advent of email.....
don't really know why, just lazy I guess   ;)
it's kind of funny, you saying "ee", since my borrowed mail account
is [log in to unmask]
(real address obscured to protect the cyber-guilty, but the eeeee and the entropy are real
;) )

When I'm communicating in a Proper Manner with Persons in High Places, I utilize
the Grand U.S. Mails, typing my missives on linen stationery using an IBM Selectric.
I also use capitals and excellent grammar, being a former State of Ohio Award-Winning
9th Grade English Achievement Student.  I used to live to diagram.....  or is that
"formerly lived to diagram?"   and should it be " having been a State of Ohio..."?
Hmmm.....

jello boxes to recognize each other?  I thought we just jammed a digit into a nostril
and grinned.... !?

and I wasn't intimating that michael makes stuff up; quite the contrary   ;)
I merely opined that even though he seems so quiet, laid back, and deliberate,
he has obviously lived very fast at some points....
time being a relative thing, and all....

like, my weekend in NYC vanished like a slushball on a subway grate, even as I watched
it race by    ;)
my uncle kept me busy repairing and shovelling and cleaning and shopping and walking the
mutt
(whilst keeping my eyes firmly on the sidewalks to miss the yellow and brown snow  ;) )
going to silllllly cohen brothers movies, and running up and down central park laughing at
the
trucks plowing paths for the cross-country skiers....
and we spent some time getting neck-aches ( _I_ need those lo-power binocs!)
gawking up at the incredibly fancy tops of buildings that had whitebread storefront
appearances
at street level   ( that's called rubbernecking , my favorite pass-time )

whereas, I would imagine your weekend stretched slloowwwwllyyyy into a seemingly
endless void of maternal admonitions regarding the purchase of masonite, errr, I mean,
particleboard furniture kits just prior to major blizzards, right?   ;)

so, ken, how was your weekend, relatively-speaking?     ;)

and sharpshooter, dear abby Herself says what ever the curfew, don't wait up.... put an
alarm
clock by your bed, set for the latest arrival time, and if he gets in before the appointed
hour,
he shuts the thing off and you all get up happy in the morning.... if the alarm goes off,
THEN you do the waiting up thing, unhappily    ;)

ralph, re homework:  kill your tv.....  then kill theirs   ;)

larry, hope you all missed the snow on your way out of town....

deb  "narrowly avoided seagull poop on my glasses while looking DOWN at the water
when some german tourists threw doritos onto the deck of the staten island ferry"

PS-  you shoulda heard me trying to convince my VERY suspicious uncle that he really
DOESN'T
want to bust out those old wood windows and replace them with vinyl-clad and double
pane...
"but they'd be PE**A!!" he just kept repeating, as though I must be mistaken as I related
stories of
high-dollar wood window restoration....
I finally just said, as kindly as possible, "see, you're from broiklin, and these folks in
minhatten know
the score... take my word for it, you don't want Pe**a if you want to be in style..."
he finally doubtfully agreed to at least "think about it" ....   ;)