BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Trelstad, Derek" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Shinola Heretics United"
Date:
Thu, 18 Nov 1999 10:08:01 -0500
I think there are several salvage companies located along the rivers of the
south as well. The waterlogged wood is generally first growth timber; if the
logs have been continuously submerged there will be little to no
discoloration of the fiber and (once dry) little to no loss of strength.
Better waterlogged wood salvaged from a river or lake bottom than a freshly
harvested old growth tree. Although, there are ecological concerns:
destruction of fish habitat among the most prominent.

Derek.