AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ann Marie Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AAM (African Association of Madison)
Date:
Mon, 31 Jan 2000 18:04:59 -0600
This information came from Microsoft  yesterday morning. Please pass it
onto anyone you know who has access to the Internet. You may
receive an apparently harmless Budweiser screen saver, entitled
"BUDDYLST.SIP".
If you do - DO NOT OPEN IT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, but delete it
immediately.

Once opened, you will lose EVERYTHING on your PC. Your hard disk will be
completely destroyed and the person who sent you the
message will have access to your name and password via the Internet. As
far as we know, the virus was circulated yesterday morning.

It's  a new virus, and extremely dangerous. Please copy this information
and e-mail it to everyone in your address book. We need to do all we can
to block this virus.

AOL has confirmed how dangerous it is, and there is no anti virus program
as yet which is capable of destroying it.

Please take all the necessary precautions, and pass this information on
to your friends, acquaintan
ces and work
colleagues.

Debbie Weber