Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Trish Tipton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Jan 2000 21:40:56 -0800
After looking for an answer to my own question ..  if lowcarb can enhance
dreaming.......... good dream or nightmare..  i am going to make a leap
and say, food does effect dream state. if a high carb diet can cloud your
thoughts during the day and make you feel as if you are in a fog, it can
be the same for the unconscious mind.   Bringing ones body back to life
from a sickness state via paleolithic diet,  can bring the subconscious
state also into a more vivid/healthy state.  Leaving an end result with
more vivid/lifelike dreams,  perhaps dreaming in color, where as prior to
lowcarb/paleo one was dreaming in *for example* black and white.  Perhaps
one is more tuned to sound, and could be startled or awakened easier.  I
could see how one would define a vivid dream as a night terror if one is
not used to it.  I myself have experienced more vivid dreams while on the
paleo diet. I would not classify them as night terrors or nightmares.
Although I have experienced paranormal, that is another story all
together.   I have also been able to remember a much larger percentage of
my dreams than before.

Trish

On Thu, 13 Jan 2000 18:08:05 +0100 Amadeus Schmidt
>Hey Ilya, at last you did it. You mentioned one reason why I could
> be interested into low-carbing. :-)) DREAMS.
>
> Increasing dream recall and managing to have more vivid dreams is
> one of
> my goals due to my interest in lucid dreaming.
> Have you read Stephen LaBerge (or at www.lucidity.com)?
>
> Before the age of TV and other disturbances I think that the dream
> world
> was much more important for humans. Shamanism seems to work with it
> too.
> I heared from south american jungle natives that they were "hard to
> convince that dreams were not the 'real' reality".
>
> I wonder if the effect you experienced had something to do
> with serotonin and tryptophan. Serotonin is believed to enhance
> meditations and possibly lucid dreams. One lucid dreamer at
> alt.dreams.lucid reported a drastic increase by the intake of 5-HTP
> (5-hydroxytryptophan).
> Serotonin is *made* from tryptophan in the evening and needed
> to fall asleep.
> Tryptophan is in a competition with other molecules at the
> blood/brain
> barriere. Food changes may easily have an affect to the
> tryptophan-availability for the brain.
>
> So...
> Last night I had a real LC supper (artichoke chikore,
> olive oil flax oil salad) with 6 g carbs.
>
> There are usefull exercises to enhance ones dreams described in the
> diverse lucid-dreaming books and internet resources.
>
> cheers
> Amadeus
>

> --
> Sent through Global Message Exchange - http://www.gmx.net