Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 10 Jan 2000 22:03:38 -0800
From:
>If you are a guy, I imagine you must be eating about 3000 cal a day, and
>that should be fine.  Perhaps you are dumpin a little too much oil on the
>salad?
>
>Maybe you can try using just the minimum oil necessary (do you have a
>no-stick frypan?) for a while and see if it makes a difference?

Sigh. *Again* the fallacy that eating fats makes one fat. This is
the first thing to unlearn -- unlearn because it interferes with
the ability to pick & choose the best dietary fats. Certain illness
comes from eating insufficient fat, and plenty of evidence suggests
that the wrong/purified/synthetic fats will destroy health.

Fats already in foods that are eaten are the best, because, as
has been pointed out endlessly, nuts, certain seeds and
animal flesh keep the fats "in context", tending to prevent
rancidity.

Using soya, canola/rapeseed, cottonseed etc oils may
be cheap, but olive oil on your salad is better. Refer
to the PALEOFOOD archives for extensive discussion and
recommendations.

Also use the right oil for cooking - flax oil for
sauteeing is a disaster, but coconut is just right.