Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 29 May 2000 11:52:50 -0700
7bit
From:
Ken Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
On Mon, 29 May 2000 01:37:16 -0400, "Joan V." <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I'm fairly new to the diet (4 months) and have had
>much health stuff going on for many years, including a really bad case of
>Chronic Fatigue Syndrome as well as hypothyroidism, numerous allergies,
>osteoporosis, etc. The main result I've seen from this diet is an
>improvement in the extreme hypoglycemic symptoms I was having, which is the
>main reason I went on the diet in the first place. This has been great,
>although I have a ways to go even with that. Also, not much improvement
>otherwise.  Actually, my need for thyroid meds has gone UP since being ont
>he diet.

It seems to me that all those health complaints are likely to be due to eating
grains and legumes, and secondarily to eating too many carbohydrates.

So try these 3 things:

1) Cut out all grains and legumes (btw, peas and peanuts are both legumes).
Don't worry about cutting every last bit, even a 90-95% cutback will probably be
sufficient in terms of these health problems.    And, if you are doing
Neanderthin, you may already have done this.

2) Limit carbohydrates to 100grams a day (a round figure guesstimate for average
female).   And, if you are not on an extremely low carb diet (ie 30 or less
grams), then don't go too much lower than 100 grams either (again, a rough
figure).

3) Try taking a few fish oil capsules every day.   Look for ones that have a
little Vitamin E added as a preservative, and that are in some way screened,
purified or "cholesterol free" (personally, I use the Twinlab/Dale Alexander
brand).   Also, look for ones that have not sat on the store shelf for months;
refrigerated is best.   And, refrigerate yours, in fact, refrigerate any item
that has "oil" in the name.

PS  Other possibilities with regards to thyroid (although the above may help
that as well) is that all humans need at least 75 grams of protein per day or
more, and if you are not trying to lose weight, the be sure to eat a reasonable
amount of fat per day (ie significantly more than your "low-fat" dieting friends
think conceivable), for example have some nuts as a snack.

--
Cheers,

Ken