Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Eric Armstrong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 May 2000 21:37:18 -0700
David Lewandowski wrote:

>         MD's are trained to treat symptoms and disease with drugs and surgery.
> Very few have any interest in counseling patients on diet as it relates to
> health and reaching your optimal potential. When you're a hammer everything
> looks like a nail.

I'm afraid I have to agree with that. I am fortunate to have found
a doctor in my area who specializes in nutritional treatments. He
is quite adept at Chinese herbal medicine, as well, and my limited
experience with it so far suggests that it is light years ahead of
the Western variety.

In general, I have found the following general rules helpful:
  1) *Always* consult a doctor.
     They have the best diagnostic techniques and equipment
     on the planet. If you are faced with a critical, life-
     threatening emergency, or a mechanical procedure like
     setting a broken arm, go with the recommended protocol.
     Otherwise, understand as much as possible about the
     condition by talking to the doctor and then:

  2) Always fill the prescription, if there is one.
     Then read the information that comes with it carefully.
     If provides symptom relief, ignore it (unless you
     really, really need that relief). If it is addressing
     the *cause* of the problem, understand what it is doing
     and why. Also:

  3) Understand the recommended treatment, if any.
     Do they want to cut, radiate, or drug the thing into
     submission? *Maybe* that's the best approach. Or maybe
     not. So, for any chronic, long-term condition:

  4) Look for natural alternatives!!
     Natural alternatives generally produce a better, more
     long-lasting result, typically with no side-effects.
     And they tend to lead to fully restored health, rather
     than a mere cessation of one problem, with other problems
     looming ahead.