Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Ingrid Bauer/J-C Catry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 May 2000 23:48:57 -0700

>Is the water bloat that accompanies high sodium diets just temporary?  In
>other words, if I eat high sodium every day, shouldn't I just be bloated
for
>the first few days, and then my body would adapt and go back to normal?

By cutting out salt there is a lost of 1 to 2 pounds of water retained in
the body. For sure your body have ability to keep the salt balance no matter
how unbalanced is the intake but it is at the price of overburdening
adrenals glands and kidneys. Alain Bombard in his solitary crossing of the
atlantic on a drifting raft demonstrated that he could survived on sea
water. Domesticated meats are alllready salted  in comparaison of wild meats
because of feeding salt to the herbivorous animals .
Ps i suspect high salt intake a contribution to the collapse of my adrenal
cortex ( which normally secrete the mineral cortocoid hormone in charge of
salt balance)
the attraction for high salt consomption is a clear symptom of adrenal
insuficiency ( who make you lose your sodium )

jean-claude