Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 3 May 2000 18:54:07 -0400
Wally Ballou said:
in regard to the post we made from the newsletter of a dietician.

The horror of these recommendations is riveting!  ENDLESS amounts of
highly processed, highly refined carbohydrates, with (at least on a quick
scan) not a single good word about any natural meat protein source.  This
sounds like the worst possible combination of the financial interests of
agri-business, and the political agenda of the vegetarian loonies...

Have you considered contacting this person to confirm the authenticity of
the recommendations, and maybe to pose a few pointed questions?

I don't need to contact that RD to find out about the authenticity of the
recommendations.  Both my husband and I have seen what the RDs recommend, we
have looked into their curriculum, talked to people who have gone to them
for advice, we've talked to people who've dealt with the RDs in hospitals
and hospital sponsored education programs, and also discovered a long list
of processed food corporations that fund the American Dietetics association.
 To become an RD, one studied institutional food management and a rather
conventional view of nutrition which includes mainly highly processed,
packaged, refined, and artificially laced foods.  RDs create those utterly
delcious and nutritious hospital and nursing home meals based on canned,
frozen, and packaged foods.....

It's a sad state of affairs.  IN many states in the US. the RD's have an
unconstitutional monopoly on the dissemination of nutrition information,
nutrition education, and related activities.  In some states it is illegal
to practice as a nutritionist, nutrition educator, nutrition counselor, or
to give advice on diet unless you are a Registered Dietician (you'd have to
go through one of their programs and talk the party line) or an MD.

Rachel Matesz