Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"Dena L. Bruedigam" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 16:21:25 -0500
>     Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>On Tue, 28 Mar 2000, Lynnet Bannion wrote:
> > IMHO someone like that girl, enormously overweight even at 2 years old,
> > has something really serious wrong genetically; cases like this might
> > require "heroic" means, but not something as totally lamebrained as
> reducing
> > the stomach's capacity to 1 oz.
>
>I wondered about this myself.  Even if no alternative to this
>stomach bypass procedure could be found, is it really necessary
>to reduce the stomach capacity to a single ounce?  That's
>virtually no stomach at all.

I thought they did that because the stomach eventually stretches out again
and the smaller it is, the longer it takes it to stretch out to the point
where they can overeat again.  I have heard of people having the operation
more than once because of this.

--Dena

Dena L. Bruedigam, Administrative Associate, Fontana Corrosion Center
The Ohio State University, 546 MacQuigg Lab; 105 W. Woodruff, Columbus, OH
43210
Phone/Fax:  (614) 292-9857; E-mail:  [log in to unmask]