Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Ingrid Bauer/J-C Catry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Mar 2000 00:01:38 -0800
>The whole physiological point
>of body fat storage is to have an energy cache for times of
>scarcity.  What sense would it make to deplete it in times of
>abundance?

it is certainly the function of fat cells but i guess that an unatural diet
had the body made an other use for  them.
i can see gaining few pounds of fat as usefull genetically to deal with
scarcity but when it comes to the level of obesity experienced by some in a
modern diet, there is something else going on.
an aother function could be
to store toxins ( molecules that the body is unable to either eliminate or
use for the functionning of the cells).

removing the overload of toxins out of the daily metabolism by storing in
fat cells  is a clear advantage  to maintain the functioning of the body
despite an unatural diet.

-->> I have been consuming as many or more calories on a paleo diet than
>> before, and I have lost weight!  True, i didn't have much to lose (15
>lbs,)
>> so that may be part of it.  Anyone have a possible explanation?
>
>Ardeith writes:
>Maybe it has something to do with what sort of calories you
>are consuming?  Seems to me your body would use thirty
>calories from celery differently than it would use thirty
>calories from sugar............Maybe? or is a calorie a calorie
>no matter where it comes from?

if a calorie come from a food with few  potential toxins ( in my definition,
a molecule of sugar deformed by heat  for example,  that could not for some
reasons be  eliminated or used , end up as a" toxin "in fat cells.), like in
a paleo  diet  will by itself allow the body to deal with thoses useless
stored molecules and eliminate them. ( the desintoxification organs being
less overloaded).
so it makes sens to me that a less toxic diet will permit to loose weight.

The same basis of explanation can explain why people on a calorie restricted
diet will have hard time to lose weight or to maintain it ,because if the
fat cells released their toxins in the blood stream as well as the nutrients
the body  can just poisonned itself. The body is reluctant to do that even
when forced to do so.

Obese peoples have been seen to gain weight at first when starting a raw
instinctive diet , the body starting its cleaning of more vital cells by
storing in fatty cells  first,  before being able to eliminate, then they
start to loose weight steadely and for good.
i have never seen a long term raw food eater keeping the weight for very
long. no matter how much they gorge in calories. What is not used is
preferably eliminated than stored ( the storage is limiting itself after few
pounds gain)

Farmers know how hard or impossible is to faten an animal on its orginal
diet , you have to give  them , either cooked foods ( for pigs
traditionnally ) or an unoriginal food like naked grains for herbivorous.
Even better scientifically conceived  pellets  is best for weight gain and
production (of fat) .

jean-claude