Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Karen Hodgen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Mar 2000 10:51:08 -0500
Just read your e notes and have a few questions and comments.  I have a
friend who is interested in the Neanderthin diet.  She seems excited about
it but she spoke with another friend who told her that she would lose
muscle if she started this diet.  I told her she wouldn't, so she seems to
be willing to begin.  She has been on weight watchers off and on, but she
wanted to know what diet I was on, because I seemed happy and was still
smiling.  She said whenever she went on a diet, that she became very
grouchy and wasn't very nice to be around, so she figured she'd give my
diet a try.  I told her how I no longer lust after carbs and can even pass
up girl scout thin mints.  She looked at me as if I was from outer space,
but I know she'll get there as well.
Secondly, I am interested in how the diet will affect my periods!  Last
April, I had a D&C due to prolonged bleeding (I basically had a four month
period) due to fibroids.  I am 44 y/o.  Since the D&C, my periods are now
only 5 days, but my flow is quite heavy.  This month, my period is weird.
I am not flowing as heavy and my period seems to be almost over.  Could
this just be an aberration or could it be the diet is changing my periods,
or could it be the perimenopausal state where anything can happen?  My
gynecologists recommends a hysterectomy for me, if my uterus won't behave,
and I would much prefer to keep it.  Could this diet help my periods?
Also, we read with interest someone's posting of being paleo and being
dyslexic.  Our ten y/o son is dyslexic.  Both our children are for the most
part paleo with laxes here and there.  However, our son is the most paleo
and it is amazing how much calmer and mature he seems to be.  He is no
longer hyper and is more mellow.  So, I definitely feel there is something
to do with diet being related to ADHD and all the other problems kids are
having these days.   Our son went through the Davis Dyslexia program this
summer and its been wonderful!  It was the best thing we could do for our
son and the second best thing was putting him on the Neanderthin diet.
Karen Hodgen