Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Ingrid Bauer/J-C Catry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Mar 2000 12:12:14 -0800
,

>I have been on the paleo diet for a number of months now, lately I had to
>deal with very strong cravings for carbohydrates, I hate to say that I've
>given in a few times with devastating results.  Lately if I don't give in,
>this craving doesn't go away and what's even worse that the craving gets
>stronger every time.  In the past I usually got these cravings when
stressed
>or depressed, which is not the case lately.  I have no idea why this is
>happening.

It is hard to say without knowing what kind of paleo you are doing specially
what is your carbonhydrate intake.
what i can foresee is that they are withdrawing symptoms not so much of
carbohydrates per se but  of special molecules present in specific
carbonydrate rich food (like opioids in wheat).
as much,  not indulging in the craving is important , as much you should
honor the need of carbonhydrates that arise in those moments. Only do it
with the kind of carbonhydrates that are not associated with the suspect
molecules. Go for raw fruit and vegetables that way the body have an
opportunity to replace the wrong molecules who got "stuck" somewhere in the
metabolism and try to find their way out once the body stop ingesting more
of their kind.

>Can anyone tell me why this is happening and most important how to deal
with
>it?
i completly cleared my addiction to bread by having free access to a good
supply of fresh fruits. Once i got the right sugars any other processed
sugars became unappealing ( and cooked grains is processed sugar as much
than  cooked sugar  cane juice).

an other aspect is that an insufficient intake of fats seems to be calling
for more carbonhydrates in my experience.
jean-claude