Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 16 Feb 2000 08:40:39 MST
From:
Micki Fraser <[log in to unmask]>
Hello there,
Thought I'd throw out some questions and see what people think.
First, the way I store my pemmican is each piece wrapped in wax paper and the
pieces stored in mason jars on top of my fridge. How do  others of yourselves
store it?
Is zucchini paleo since it can be eaten raw? I have heard that though we think
of it here in the usa as a squash, that it is actually a fruit, a cousin of
the cucumber. Any thoughts? If it were, it might be a great substitute for
pasta if cut into long thin "noodles" and a nice paleo pesto sauce over it
steamed.
Also to answer a few questions. I got my suet by going to a market where I
know they do special orders on request and ordered 5 lbs. of it. The meat I
used was the leanest, not the most expensive, which I sliced and dehydrated
myself, since I've been making beef and turkey and chicken jerky for a couple
of years. The seasonings I used were simply just enough grey celtic sea salt
to kill possible bacteria, about a =BD tsp per lb. And a handful of homemade
dried blackberries. The sea salt is available in healthfood stores here in
California. It is naturally harvested on the shores of Brittany and shipped
here, has a higher mineral content like magnesium, and a nice soft flavor. The
recipe I used was the one in the neanderthin book.