Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Kenny Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 12:58:12 -0800
--- "Raymond, Charles E. x1280" <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> www.chetday.com/protein.html
> <http://www.chetday.com/protein.html>

My response:

1.  Too much protien leads to liver, kidney disease...
and cancer.-->  These ppl don't drink enough water,
get enough fiber eat enough fruit/veg. And they still
eat their grains

2.  Cancer-->cancerous cells need sugar to grow.
these ppl continue to eat a high carb diet while
eating high protien.

3.  pH of cells-->These ppl don't eat enough fruit/veg
 Meat is acidic, fruit/veg is alkaline.  They balance
each other.

4.  Stress on kidneys-->most ppl drink colas, coffee,
tea...etc and don't drink enough water.

5.  Pancreas-->back to the acidity of meat.  Eat
fruits/veg to balance

6.  African Bantu and Eskimos-->African Bantu women
don't get the RDA of calcium while Eskimos get too
much.  Bantu don't suffer from fractures and Eskimos
do.  The ansewer is that bone health does not depend
solely on calcium intake.  The balance between calcium
and magnisium is very important.  The ratio should be
1:1

7.  Calcuim in urine-->Ca/Mg ratio
Renal losses due to excessive Na intake not mentioned.
 We use too much salt.  Acid/Base balance again.  Eat
fruit/veg

8.  Researchers funded by meat and dairy.  What about
the researchers funded by the Processed foods and oil
industry?

9.  Imcomplete protiens-->Requires more work and
energy for body to rceycle and reuse its own protien
than to receive a new supply of complete protiens.
This leads to longer recovery and a need for more
rest.  Ask many a former Vegetarian if they got tired
easily and required more rest.  If they don't get it,
they get really run down.

10.  9 essential AA and Not 8-->Most ppl don't eat
enough fruits and veg to get the amounts this person
is refering to.  Also, you would have to eat huge
quantities of one food in order to get the proper
ratios and amounts and only a little of another type
of food.  Eat lots of cabbage and half as much carrots
for example.(This is just an example, I don't the amts
off hand)

11.  Stores of AA(amino acids)-->This depletes after
several months or years.  It depends a great deal on
one's activity and the individual.  The result is a
decrease in overall health and wellness.  See
Nicholson interview.

12.  Breast milk content-->  This is dependent on the
health of the mother and what the mother eats.  Her
nutrition is very important in determining what she
passes on to the child

13.  Protien being second to Water in our bodies-->If
you want to get ridiculous about it, we are carbon
based life forms.  Why can't we just eat some coal?

14.  Denaturing of protiens-->  Once in the body the
protiens are denatured and broken down to thier
component amino acids anyway.  Why should we worry
about cooking, unless it is overcooking?

15.  Zoo animal mortality-->  What else were the food
scraps cooked in?  Margarine?

16.  Cooking-->  Toss out the microwave and get a
crock pot.  Slow cooking on the lowest temp is a huge
thing in paleo and meat preparation.

17.  Complex carbs from plant(corn was mentioned
here)-->While our saliva is not as acidic as it should
be, the grains contain amylase inhibitors that thwart
the break down of the complex carbs in our mouth.

18.  Gorillas and strength-->Gorillas are not pure veg
as this person claims.

19.  Protien as a negative energy source-->  Lose
weight.

20.  My list of meat eating athletes-->Lance
Armstrong.  Enough said.

Kenny B.