C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Schaeffer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Feb 2000 12:44:38 -0600
I have been thinking about the parenting thread which has been going on. I
was slapped and hair pulled, in a sense possible abuse by my mother. There
were times when my mother would lecture me and I would think that I would
rather be slapped and listen to the lecture. I remember being told
continuously that I should hold my spoon and fork correctly. My mother never
wanted to discuss her attitude toward me. This even went through my adult
years, especially my child raising years. She would never trust her self to
baby sit the children but wouldn't stop telling me what I was doing wrong. I
quickly learn to lie to her about what was really happening, like when the
kids were sick.

When my youngest daughter had her Bas Mitvah, I couldn't even talk to her.
She had the attitude that she couldn't undo what what was done. She return
home and committed suicide.

I see hitting and abusing children as a reaction of declaring war. If two
leaders have a dispute why should a war be declared and in involve innisent
inocentI have been thinking about the parenting thread which has been going
on. I was slapped and hair pulled, in a sense possible abuse by my mother.
There were times when my mother would lecture me and I would think that I
would rather be slapped and listen to the lecture. I remember being told
continuously that I should hold my spoon and fork correctly. My mother never
wanted to discuss her attitude toward me. This even went through my adult
years, especially my child raising years. She would never trust her self to
baby sit the children but wouldn't stop telling me what I was doing wrong.
When my youngest daughter had her Bas him Mitvah, I couldn't even talk to
her. She had the attitude that she couldn't on do what what was done.

I see hitting and abusing children as a reaction of declaring war. If two
leaders have a dispute why should a war be declared and in invovle innocent
soldiers have get witness the horrors of war.

Sometimes when I have arguement with my husband I often get the urge to just
throw something at him or the TV or the computer screen. My inner reaction
tells me that replacing a broken monitor would cost a lot of money and how
would we manage the situation after. Throwing something at my husband would
result in him doing the same to me and throwing me off balance. I have a
terrible fear of falling.
Sometimes when I have arguement with my husband I often get the urge to just
throw something at him or the TV or the computer screen. My inner reaction
tells me that replacing a broken monitor would cost a lot of money and how
would we manage the situation after. Throwing something at my husband would
result in him doing the same to me and possiblily throwing me off balance. I
have a terrible fear of falling.

With all this in mind, does hitting a child really solve the moment tension.
If a cat schratch something would you hit him/her and would the pet learn.

Joyce