From:
Jonemarie Manning <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Jan 2000 15:28:38 -0800

Thanks for all he responses.  The fondue will be both cheese and chocolate.
The following is a list of the recipes I received. This will be used for a
valentine party!

I make a yummy chocolate fondue.  Its just bittersweet chocolate (callebaut
works great)  melted in a double boiler with evaporated milk.   The
proportions are variable based upon how thick you want the dip but I use
approx 1/5 lb chocolate to 1/3 cup evaporated milk.   I don't know the exact
measurements because I start melting the chocolate and then add the milk to
get to a nice consistency.  You can test it with pieces of banana.   When it
gets thin enuf to coat but not so thin that most of it runs off it is about
right.

I serve it with varied cut fruit.

You can also buy hot caramel or hot fudge dips in a jar that are gluten free
at gourmet store.

I always use swiss cheeses, Gruyere and Emmental(sp) with
garlic, white wine, a little brandy. The "trick" is to keep adding wine
if the mixture is too thick. Also, if the burner is not keeping the pot
hot enough, the cheese will begin to set, and become stringy.

I sometimes add a little thickening, used to be a paste of cornflour
and white wine before I discovered some reaction to corn! It seems
to help stabilise the mixture and stops it separating.

CHEDDAR CHEESE FONDUE
1/2 cup milk
1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/4 tsp. dry mustard
2 cups shredded Cheddar Cheese
1 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup white wine - (I think you could use a GF broth)
Bacon bits (optional)
Bread cubes

Mix milk, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, cheese and mayonnaise in saucepan:
place over moderate heat.  Heat through, stirring constantly: add wine.
Pour
into fondue pot: keep hot.  Place bread cubes on fondue fork;  dip into
fondue.  Dip into bacon bits.

CREAM CHOCOLATE FONDUE

5 (3 3/4-oz.) Milk Chocolate bars
1 cup heavy cream
1/4 Cup brandy - (I think you could use juice from pineapples or maraschino
cherries)
Strawberries
Orange sections, well drained
Canned pineapple chunks, well drained
Stemmed maraschino cherries
Bananas, cut into chunks
Marshmallows
Toasted pound cake chunks - donut pieces work well too

Break chocolate into small pieces into fondue pot.  Add cream.  Place over
low heat; stir constantly until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth.
Stir in brandy (or other liquid).  Arrange fruit on large platter.  Allow 10
to 12 pieces per person.  Spear fruit and cake with fondue forks; dip in
chocolate mixture