Date:
Fri, 28 Jan 2000 09:17:20 EST

Dear Listmembers, Today there was a post asking for a recipe for GF spritz
cookies.  I asked the same question back in November and received some very
nice replies.  Unfortunately, I stil have not had the chance to try any of
the recipes.  The only one that I did get that someone had actually used
xanthan gum and put through a cookie press and said that she had good
results, I am posting here.

GF Spritz Cookies
1 cup margarine
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/4 cup *Hagman's GF flour blend
2 teaspoons xanthan gum
1/4 teaspoon baking powder

Cream margarine and sugar well.  Beat in egg and vanilla.  Add dry
ingredients which have been mixed together.  Fill cookie press and form
cookies on ungreased cookie sheet.  Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
You can add food coloring and/or different flavorings to the dough.

I also had several suggestions to make little balls out of the dough,
flatten them, and then bake.

*Hagman's GF flour blend: 1 part white rice flour, 2/3 part potato starch
flour, 1/3 part tapioca starch flour

Karen from NY, USA