From:
Richard Rushton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Nov 1995 22:05:28 -0600

     Earlier I posted a question about flu shots. Specifically, one of the
things I read on the label said "hemagglutinin". This is actually an adj and
not a noun as it describes the noun antibody. The label said fully
"hemagglutinin antibody". It means the antibody is of a type to cause the
blood to clump together. I found this definition on the web in the Webster's
dictionary. Apparently the glutinin part of the adj refers more to the
effect the antibody has on the blood (causes bonding) rather than the "bad"
protein that celiacs fear and dread.
     Again this is still only an opinion and not medical fact. Other than
the definition of hemagglutinin, I have no supporting fact as of yet.

                Cheers,
                Richard Rushton